Nokia has envisaged that “Location & Mapping solutions ” will be one of the main pillars of its business in future. In a recent interview they even mentioned that they want to be the ultimate “Where” platform. Now, slowly they are expanding their reach and coming up with new business models to grow up the Location business and generate revenue. Today, Nokia has introduced a tool that helps SMBs (Small and Medium Business) put their business on the map and attract customers, free of charge, with Nokia Prime Place. Currently Nokia offer primeplace.nokia.com in 20 countries and 11 languages.
Features of this tool, as metioned in Nokia Conversations article are,
- Prime Place enables business owners to add their business listing free of charge to Nokia Maps on web and mobile, share opening hours, website and contact details, and add lots of images to show what their business or service is all about, and why you can’t miss to visit! This provides Nokia customers with lots of unique businesses that can be discovered, wherever you are, and helps you to be a local anywhere.
- End to end experience from adding your business listing to the map and becoming discoverable, to enriching your business page with content, like images or opening hours. To round up your business page, we’ll automatically pull in reviews from partners like Qype and TripAdvisor. This gives your business additional credibility.
- Account Management – We have introduced users roles (owner, admin, manager) in order to address the need of businesses with a larger number of locations to manage access rights.
- Facebook publishing – Businesses can now publish posts about their business(s) to their FB wall or existing FB pages, directly from the Prime Place dashboard.
- Bing Adcenter – Should you decide that you want to give your business that extra bust, then we offer a direct link to Adcenter, where you can create ads to promote your business.
- Secure place verification – To ensure that no-one else claims your business listing on your behalf, we offer a versatile and secure verification system. Businesses can choose between postcard, phone verification and credit card verification in most countries.